Orion Platform 2020.2 includes a new data-driven dashboard framework, enhanced status for volumes, support for third-party language packs, performance improvements, upgrade improvements, and more.
Updates to Orion Maps 2020.2 include features to aid in the design and customization of a map– a new and improved Canvas Toolbar and Properties Panel. These features allow you to take complex services and infrastructures and convey them in a way that is easy to understand and expedites root cause analysis.
New features and improvements in Orion Platform
Orion Platform 2020.2 offers new features and improvements compared to previous releases of Orion Platform.
Orion Maps Improvements
- Create and customize text boxes and contextual labels with Macro support in the text field.
- Incorporate custom icons, adjust scale/positioning, or change styling
- Dynamic backgrounds and bulk administration
- Tools for adding shapes, moving images to front/back, or customizing layouts
- Orion Web interface optimizations and improvements
- Configuration wizard acceleration
- Improved query and database maintenance performance
Build Powerful New Custom Summary Dashboards
- Proportional (Donut/Pie) widget
- m Table widget
- PerfStack (Time Series) widget
Update your MIB database from the Orion Web Console
- NPM 2020.2 brings improved integration of the MIB database into the Orion Web Console. You can check your current version of the MIB database, find out whether a newer version is available, and download the latest version directly from the Orion Web Console.
- The MIB Browser in the Orion Web Console now informs you that you don’t have the latest MIB database. You can go to the MIBs Management page and download the latest versioKPI (Big Number) widget
- Custom from there.
- Pre-stage the installation files on your Orion server and all scalability engines from within the Orion Web Console to decrease the amount of time required to upgrade a large deployment by downloading installation files before starting the upgrade.
- The Pre-Stage option downloads the installation file to your primary Orion server, and then copies the file to all scalability engines in parallel.
- Pre-plan upgrades and generate an upgrade plan report
- Automate upgrades via the Orion SDK
Enhanced Volume Status
- Individual Warning/Critical thresholds per volume
- Sustained thresholds
- Dynamic threshold support
- New Management widget where you can unmanage volumes, go directly to Performance Analysis, quickly access the Edit Node page and poll now or rediscover at a click of a button.
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- HTTP/S Get/Post Alert Action supports Basic/NTLM/Bearer Token Authentication
- Reuse Classic Charts and Tables from reports on dashboards
- FIPS compliance for Orion Agent and High Availability
- Tool for migrating legacy reports to web-based Report Writer
- Report Schedule support for certificate authentication
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R
- Support for SQL Server 2012
- Support for SQL Express for smaller production deployments