PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS485 full serial port to Ethernet converter. The remote serial port can be accessed in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port. Web-based configuration, full RS-232 (9 wires), 9th bit support (virtual parity).
PortBox 2 package: RS-232/485 to Ethernet converter. Full serial port RS-232, Web interface, TCP/IP, Windows Virtual Serial Port for free. Power adaptor and CD included.
PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS485 serial port to Ethernet converter. PortBox2 contains a truly full RS-232 serial port (9 pins). PortBox2 can be connected to a PC over LAN and the serial port can be accessed in Windows as a VSP (Virtual Serial Port), e.g. COM17. HW group offers a free HW VSP Multiport application that supports up to 100 remote serial ports on a single PC. It can be used for Windows server applications as well (works as a NT service).
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- Remote control of displays and signal lights
- RFID Card readers, Online access control systems, Vending machines, Security alarms, Access control systems, Barcode scanners
- Server room environment monitoring
- Temperature in a 19″ cabinet and in the room
- Remote environment monitoring (lights, power, fire protection system, …)
- IT monitoring of security systems (alarms, room / cabinet doors monitoring, …)
- Remote environmental monitoring in a cabinet or in a datacenter
- Temperature and humidity in the datacenter (inside racks, in the A/C outlet, under the raised floor)
- Detection of redundant power failures
- SNMP environment monitoring system
- Air-conditioning monitoring
- A/C, temperature, humidity monitoring
- Control of additional cooling in a room or in a rack
- Alert to leaking water
- UPS / back-up generator monitoring Fuel level, diesel generator status, remote start over IP, monitoring of temperature and service contacts
- Remote I/O control and monitoring over the Ethernet Monitors a remote environment, sensor values can be fed into any SNMP system. Enables remote reading of dry contact inputs and remote control of relay outputs (to turn on HVAC, restart a server, start a diesel generator, …).
- Industrial applications Remote monitoring of dry contacts, 4-20mA sensors or Pt-100 and Pt-1000 temperature probes. Data logger stores the values in the internal memory. Modbus/TCP protocol can be used for integration with SCADA systems.
- Cooler and freezer monitoring alarm indication Measures temperature and humidity in a cooler or a freezer. When a value is out of a safe range, a relay output is activated to e.g. turn on a warning light or sound a horn. Suitable for monitoring storages of food or pharmaceuticals. We recommend the PDMS software to monitor temperature.
- Temperature and other measurements in a cloud Poseidon2 remote monitoring device can be connected to cloud systems. Contact us for details.
- Surveillance systems Sensor readings and detector states can be fed to IP camera systems of various brands. Digital Outputs can be used to turn on the lights in a certain zone or open/close gates.
- Smart buildings Sensor readings can be shared in several applications. Relay outputs can be controlled as remote I/O.
Live demo: poseidon2.hwg.cz
TruePath is the exclusive partner of HWgroup covering their entire product line. Feel free to contact us for direct sales, distributor sales and technical support.