Ares 10 is a cost-effective GSM thermometer for remote monitoring and alarming. Connect up to 3 external sensors (temperature, humidity, light intensity) and 2 contacts (digital detectors). Use the free-of-charge SensDesk.com portal to configure the Ares, send alarms or display graphs. Ares 10 GSM/GPRS thermometer is easy to install and can be used anywhere as long as there is GSM coverage.
Recommended starter pack containing HWg-Ares 10, universal power adaptor (US, EU, UK), temperature sensor, QuadBand GSM antenna 3m, mounting plate, USB cable for configuration and HWg CD with user manual.
HWg-Ares 10 GSM is an effective solution for remote environment monitoring (temperature, humidity) over GSM without an internal battery. Environment monitoring over the mobile network (GSM) can be installed quickly and easily with the Ares; all that is needed is power and GSM coverage.
The two RJ11 ports can be used to connect 3 external 1-Wire or 1-Wire UNI sensors (max. 3 measured quantities in total). HW group offers temperature, light intensity, humidity, voltage, current (4-20mA) and other sensors.
Two digital inputs, IN1 and IN2 (green terminal block), can be used to connect simple status detectors (open/closed contacts). Relays of smoke detectors, open door detectors, water flood detectors etc. can be also connected to these inputs. States of detectors and sensors can be checked with a text message.
Alarm reaction can be as simple as sending an e-mail or a text message (SMS) whenever a contact is closed or a temperature exceeds the specified range. As a unique feature, after sending an alarm SMS (e.g. SMS temperature alert), the device can dial the target phone number and let it ring for a few seconds. Alarm status information can be sent to up to 5 phone numbers and 5 e-mails. More recipients can be reached by alarm escalation in the SensDesk.com portal.
As an important advantage, with Ares 10 GSM alarm thermometer, sensor readings can be plotted in a chart and the device can be configured using the SensDesk online portal (free of charge service provided by the manufacturer). Another option is to display the graphs in HWg-PDMS (free software) which retrieves the values by e-mail.
Applications and usage:
- Remote temperature monitoring over GSM, temperature and humidity meter
- Electricity distribution networks (transformer stations)
- Water source monitoring, including technical equipment status
- Agricultural production premises (greenhouses, granaries, etc.)
- Concrete hardening
- Technology along roads, highways, or railroad tracks
- Temperature and thermal expansion of structures
- Information systems (booths)
- Diesel generators – environment monitoring
- Wireless temperature monitoring system for telecommunication infrastructure
- Remote server room monitoring without connecting to the local LAN
- Automatic teller machines – environment monitoring without tampering with the ATM connection
TruePath is the exclusive partner of HWgroup covering their entire product line. Feel free to contact us for direct sales, distributor sales and technical support.