op5 – Monitoring Software and Services
TruePath is the premier provider of op5 services in North America.
op5 is a market leading developer of Open Source Management solutions. op5 develops and delivers enterprise-class software for monitoring and administration of the whole IT infrastructure, from hardware and software all the way to virtual or cloud based services. Our solution, op5 Monitor comes in a turn key package that is fully supported.
op5 Main Services
Let TruePath work with you to review your needs and complete your op5 installation and configuration as we have for other clients.
Our Process: While working with your teams, we’ll assess what monitoring software you have or need, configure these monitoring tools making sure they are implemented correctly and efficiently. All you have to do is use them! We maintain all the tools we provide, giving you one less thing to worry about.
Software: Our partnership with op5 allows us to support your current environment or make suggestions and recommendations to fill any of your monitoring needs.
Our Enterprise Principle Offering (EPO) is a fully managed monitoring software service. This award winning service configures and maintains your monitoring software remotely. You own the software in your datacenter. From OpenSource to Enterprise grade software, we can manage it all. To learn more about our managed services and view our most recent EPO: Click here for a downloadable pdf file.
- Custom WMI, Agent, TL1 (non SNMP) Polling
- Environmental Monitoring
- Alerts (with escalations)
- Detailed Charts & Reports Traps & MIB databases
- Dry contact enclosures
- Generators (on, fuel, faults)
- Battery Backups (batt left, on batt, etc)
- Monitoring software upgrades & patching
- Network Monitoring
- Port / Interface Utilization & Graphing
- Application Monitoring Custom Dashboards and Maps
- Monitoring NOC Training
- HW purchase forecasting (mem, cpu, etc)
- Multiple Datacenter Monitoring
Our professional instructors use a combination of theory and hands-on lab exercises to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to setup, configure, customize, and administrate an op5 Monitor installation.
Basic training is an introduction course for all op5 Monitor users. Our professional instructors use a combination of theory and hands-on lab exercises to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to setup, configure, customize, and administrate an op5 Monitor installation.
If you are a system administrator or network engineer who is responsible for the configuration, development or maintenance of the op5 products and also have experience working with op5 products we recommend you to also attend our Advanced training course to gain knowledge needed to take your monitoring to the next level.
op5 Monitoring Programs
op5 Monitor has its roots in the open source world, and we continue to contribute to the open source movement by investing in both external and internal open source development projects. op5 is a major contributor to the Nagios* as well as being one of the founding members of the Naemon project.
Nagios* is one of the major projects in Open Source IT monitoring and the op5 Monitor is 100% compatible with Nagios and Nagios compatible projects. In October of 2013 the Naemon project was launch. Naemon aims to be the next generation Nagios. op5 Monitor is delivered as a “turnkey” solution that consists of hundreds of modules and plug-ins, all verified, quality tested and supported. Over 200 plug-ins are documented and shipped with op5 Monitor.
op5 Monitor core
The source code of op5 Monitor core is available to download from our git repository http://git.op5.org/git/. The core consists of Nagios core complemented with our patches and additions. The code additions in op5 Monitor core are sent upstreams to Naemon and to the main branch of the Nagios project.
*Nagios is a registered trademark of Nagios Enterprises
op5 Monitor server monitoring capabilities enable the gathering of performance, capacity, and availability status data from all layers and parts of the server. Regardless if it is physical, virtual, cloud based servers or organizations with distributed data centers. op5 Monitor is an advanced server monitoring software that presents health and server performance metrics in a unified view where you can customize alerts, reports, and dashboards for your organization needs. You have the ability to both check basic up-time and detailed usage on all types of servers.
- Server monitoring benefits –
- Monitor physical, virtual and cloud servers in the same place
- Fast root cause identification and troubleshooting
- Alerts and reporting capabilities
- Trend analysis and failure prediction
- Cross-platform server monitoring
- Accurate server capacity planning
- Able to handle large volumes of monitored devices and services
The use of virtualization platforms such as VMware, KVM and XEN creates new opportunities for IT operations, but also introduces new challenges. Usage of virtualization platforms requires control since potential problems can have serious consequences and have direct impact on business processes. Highly virtualized infrastructure requires a virtual monitoring solution that provides end to end visibility.
- Virtual Monitoring Features –
- Monitor VMware, KVM, Xen, RHEL and more
- Set service level expectations with predictive thresholds
- Monitor services and applications running on the virtual servers
- Root cause analysis reduce mean-time to repair and service disruptions
- Seamless integration between physical and virtual infrastructure monitoring
- Identify storage related performance bottlenecks impacting end users
- Report and visualize data
- Dynamic approach for planning upgrades
- Proactive capacity planning
A public, private or hybrid cloud is nothing without proper cloud monitoring. Unified visibility, control, and awareness into your entire cloud infrastructure are required to handle cloud operations. op5 Monitor provides you with insight into your cloud infrastructure and all data collected is displayed unified view.
- Cloud monitoring and management benefits –
- Reporting, alerting and action scripting
- Operational insight needed for cloud capacity planning and cloud management
- In depth insight into the health of the monitored cloud and cloud services
- Relationship between cloud performance and behavior of hosted applications
- With cloud monitoring, you gain predictive analytics to capture trending data
- End-to-end visibility into the performance of cloud services and their internal infrastructure
- SLA Reports
- Monitor Amazon EC2, Eucalyptus, RHEL and more
With more and more applications moving around in IT environment, today’s Network Managers are responsible for ensuring that office users are able to access these applications without performance problems, no matter where they are located.
- Performance Monitoring features –
- Optimum network speed, reliability and capacity – for all users, applications and network services
- IT engineers can immediately get visibility into the performance of servers, applications and networks
- Customize what data you want to collect in logs, define thresholds for alerts and automatic actions
- Unified view into performance of networks, servers and applications
- View part performance data in a variety of ways
- Out-of-the-box support for many vendors and operating systems
op5 Monitor provides you with network monitoring capabilities to not only verify the performance of your network but also to provide you the ability to proactively respond to network outages. With op5 Monitor, you can monitor, manage and measure key performance metrics in your network. This network monitoring capability provides real-time visibility of outages the second they occur. op5 Monitor will also graphically display network bandwidth utilization and resource consumption.
- Network monitoring benefits –
- Track response time, availability, performance of your monitored network components
- Quickly identify network outages the second they occur
- Become proactive in your IT management
- Find & fix network issues before your business is affected
- See network device status changes as they happen
If you have a large or business critical IT-network a unified view is key to successful IT-management. Having all of your network data easily accessible and understandable in a single dashboard view keeps you informed not only of your networks' current health, but also where actions might need to be taken in the future.
- Key benefits –
- Vendor independent, technology transparent solution
- Administrators can have one interface instead of many, increasing productivity and responsiveness
- Comprehensive, yet easy to understand, an overview that enables simple root cause analysis
- No more isolated monitoring islands
- Reports that can present and visualize enterprise wide data
- Direct display on what services are affected by a particular problem.
If you have a large or business critical IT-network a unified view is key to successful IT-management. Having all of your network data easily accessible and understandable in a single dashboard view keeps you informed not only of your networks current health, but also where actions might need to be taken in the future.
Unified Monitoring makes it possible to have a birds-eye view on the entire network, applications, cloud based services, and their current status and health. This includes monitoring devices and services, independent of underlying platforms and technologies, in order to receive alarms and notifications, as well as quick and easy trouble-shooting with detailed event correlation.
Vendor independent, technology transparent solution
Administrators can have one interface instead of many, increasing productivity and responsiveness
Comprehensive, yet easy to understand, overview that enables simple root cause analysis
No more isolated monitoring islands
Reports that can present and visualize enterprise wide data
Direct display on what services are affected by a particular problem.