We will assume you have set up networking on your HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus, have 1 or 2 sensors and accessed the web user interface.
Step 1: Enable SNMP
You first will need to enable SNMP on you HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus in the web User Interface. Navigate to the SNMP tab. There are two default Community names, you will be concerned with the community name that only has READ selected.
NOTE: It is suggested you change the name to something unique so that no one else can retrieve data from your device.
- Change the public community string name to something unique.
- Check Enable
- Click “Save”
Step 2: Add HWg-STE Plus in Solarwinds
- Once signed into Solarwinds NPM, to go Settings > Manage Nodes > Add Node
- Fill in the IP and community string from the above step to add your HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus.
- Click Next to finish adding the HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus to Solarwinds.
Your HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus is now added and monitoring ping. The next step is to add a sensor.
Step 3: Adding a Humidity and/or Temperature sensor in Solarwinds
The HWg-STE or HWg-STE Plus uses an enterprise OID so we must setup a Custom Device Poller.
- Login to your Solarwinds NPM server and launch the Orion Universal Device Poller.
- Click On “New Universal Device Poller”.
- Enter the name and OID of the sensor you want to add (To view the OID you can go to <your ste IP>/cgi-bin/sys/snmp_oid.asp)
- 1st Sensor = 18.104.22.168.4.1.21722.214.171.124.1.3.1
- 2nd Sensor = 126.96.36.199.4.1.217188.8.131.52.1.3.2
- Click Next and select the Node you wish to assign the Custom Poller to.
- Click next to add the poller to the node details. You can add either a gauge or chart.
- Click Finish and that’s it. You are now monitoring your HW-Group STE or STE-plus sensor.
To add another sensor (max of two for both the HWg-STE and HWg-STE Plus) repeat Step 3.