nTop – nBox_R4
nBox Recorder is a network packet recorder appliance. With nBox Recorder you can capture full-sized network packets at gigabit rate from a live network interface and write them into files. It has been designed and developed mainly because most network security systems rely on capturing all packets (headers and payload), since any packets may have been responsible for the attack or could contain the problems that we are trying to find.
nBox Recorder uses the industry standard PCAP file format to dump packets into files so the resulting output can be easily integrated with existing third party or even open-source analysis tools like ntop, Wireshark. or Snort.
nBox is easy to set-up and it is immediately ready for use with little effort.
nBox Recorder can be effectively used to perform:
- Off-line network packets analysis by feeding a specialized tool (such as snort or ntop).
- Reconstruct specific communication flows or network activities.
- Reproduce the previous captured traffic to a different network.
- Designed to dump up to 5 Gbps (7.44 Mpps)
- 1U 19" rackmount nBox Recorder.
- Hard Disk Size: 4 x 1 TB, Hardware RAID
- Two management port (Gigabit Copper)
- Two 1Gbit recording port (Gigabit Copper)
- Rack mounting rails. Redundant PS
- n2disk5g Software license
- IPMI and KVM over Ethernet
- Dimensions H 1.7; W 17.2; D 19.8 inches