I/O Controller 2 Set
I/O Controller 2 can be connected with a PC over the LAN in order to use the I/O Controller 2's serial port as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP). HW group offers a free HW VSP application that supports up to 100 remote serial ports (support includes Windows 7 and x64 systems). I/O Controller 2 offers a truly full RS-232 serial port (9 signals). Two devices can be connected peer-to-peer (Box-2-Box mode). In this mode, the digital I/O as well as the RS232/485 serial line are extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
- Link up to eight buttons / switches with a SW application.
- Connect your RS-232 devices to your LAN – barcode / RFID scanners, serial printers, displays.
- The outputs can, for example, open a door, turn on a horn, or disconnect power – remotely over the network.
- Remote control of power and other technology over RS-232 and RS-485
- I/O can be controlled over Modbus/TCP from any SCADA system, independently of the serial line
- Remote status checks of PIR sensors, door contacts and security systems
- Card readers, RFID, Vending machines, Security alarms, Access control systems, UPS control and logging devices, Barcode scanners